Recruit a Member Campaign
There Is Strength in Numbers!
We are stronger, smarter, and much more successful together. Help create an even more vibrant Association and invite your peers, colleagues, and staff to join AHIMA.
For each member that you recruit, who joins AHIMA at the Professional status and identifies HIMAH as their CSA, you will receive a $15 Amazon gift card.
In each quarter, the HIMAH member that recruits the most members will receive:
- 1st place – $100 gift certificate your choice Aveda Salon, Signature Steak and Seafood or VISA Debit Card
- 2nd place – $50 gift certificate to California Pizza Kitchen or VISA Debit Card
- 3rd place – $25 gift certificate to Target
Details for Member Recruitment Campaign:
We will run this campaign for three quarters, with winners awarded at the end of each quarter:
- We will run this campaign for three quarters, with winners awarded at the end of each quarter. Winners will be announced in the President’s message, on the HIMAH website, and during the Business Meeting in May 2021.
- October to December 2020
- January to March 2021
- April to June 2021
- New recruits must be registered at the Professional Member Status with AHIMA and identify Hawaii as their Component State Association.
- As each recruit is registered, send us an email message (via the HIMAH website Contact Us) identifying you as the recruiter for credit towards the rewards.
- Please see the below talking points for ideas of benefits to share for being an AHIMA member.
Opportunities and Benefits of Being an AHIMA Member:
DISCOVER constant, authoritative access to information:
- Subscription to the Journal of AHIMA, our monthly digital magazine that delivers best practices in health information and keeps readers current on emerging issues
- Unlimited access to the HIM Body of Knowledge™(BoK), an online resource library
- Toolkits that provide practice guidance on critical topics in health information management (HIM)
- AHIMA’s e-newsletters and SmartBriefs for the latest HIM news, policy updates, and best practices
- Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory weekly news feed delivering expert-curated content on federal regulatory guidelines aggregating the most widely used content on MediRegs
- Discounts on AHIMA publications, webinars, and related products to stay current on industry trends and advancements
CONNECT with a global network of Health Information Professionals online and in person:
- Network with peers in our online community, Engage
- Receive guidance from a seasoned HIM professional through the Mentor Match program
- Get automatic membership to your component state association (CSA) and connect on a local level through volunteering and events
- Discounts on in-person meetings, including our annual AHIMA Conference
- Special discounts on travel, entertainment, and insurance services through our Affinity Program
ADVANCE your career:
- Obtain and maintain AHIMA’s career-enhancing credentials at a discounted member rate
- Free learning opportunities that provide you with four (4) continuing education units annually
- Find your next job with early access to postings in our Career Assist Job Board, resume critique from a career coach, and priority listing in employer searches
- Support the profession by learning about and participating in advocacy and public policy through AHIMA’s Take Action Center