Physician Coding Specialist
The Queen’s Medical Center
- We are a Magnet facility. Located in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Level 1 Trauma Center, largest acute care hospital with 505 licensed beds.
- Teaching hospital.
- Only hospital in Hawaii to be certified by MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson Cancer Center, to bring world-renowned cancer expertise to patients in the state.
- U.S. News & World Report 2017-18 recognizes The Queen’s Medical Center as a Best Hospital in Honolulu.
The Queen’s Medical Center is seeking a PHYSICIAN CODING SPECIALIST.
Performs review of physician and other health care provider services by providers to ensure services are coded with appropriate CPT and ICD-10 codes.
Conducts education, training, and continuously monitors QMC and QEC providers related to PATH guidelines, coding and documentation of professional services rendered, in accordance with government, insurer, and other regulatory agency standards.
A. Education/Certification and Licensure:
- Certification as an Outpatient Physician Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist -Physician based (CCS-P).
- Knowledge of CPT-4 and ICD-10 coding.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviates.
- Broad based knowledge of services provided to patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Status: 40 hrs/week
Queen’s also offers world-class benefits, including:
- Excellent Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
- Generous Retirement Plans – Including a Defined Benefit Pension Plan and 401k Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Basic Life, Long-Term Disability, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employment Assistance Program
The Queen’s Medical Center is an EEO/AA Employer
Click here http://www.queensmedicalcenter.org/careers to apply for Job Opening #119946 and 120397.