Manager: Health Information Coder/Abstract
The Queen’s Medical Center
The Queen’s Medical Center is seeking a Manager, Health Information Coder/Abstract.
- We are a Magnet facility. Located in Honolulu, Hawaii.
- Level 1 Trauma Center, largest acute care hospital with 505 licensed beds.
- Teaching hospital.
Only hospital in Hawaii to be certified by MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson Cancer Center, to bring world-renowned cancer expertise to patients in the state.
U.S. News & World Report 2017-18 recognizes The Queen’s Medical Center as a Best Hospital in Honolulu.
- Manages the daily operations of the Health Information Coder and Abstractor department.
- Ensures coding and abstracting of health records meet established standards of accuracy, timeliness and quality.
- Ensures alignment with the goals and objectives of the Quality and Clinical Documentation department as well as the overall goals and objectives of The Queen’s Health Systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Registered health Information Administrator (RHIA).
- Five (5) years experience in ICD-9 CM, ICD-10 CM/PCS and CPT-4 coding of inpatient and outpatient medical records.
- Two (2) years leadership/supervisory experience.
- Experience to demonstrate the following:
- In-depth knowledge of ICD-10 CM/PCS, CPT4/HCPCS, DRG, and APCS.
- Ability to use computerized medical records systems.
- Ability to use spreadsheet and word processing software.
Please apply at http://www.queensmedicalcenter.org/careers Job Opening #120205.
Status: 40 hrs/week
Queen’s also offers world-class benefits, including:
- Excellent Medical and Dental Insurance Plans
- Generous Retirement Plans – Including a Defined Benefit Pension Plan and 401k Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Basic Life, Long-Term Disability, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employment Assistance Program
The Queen’s Medical Center is an EEO/AA Employer
Apply Online: http://www.queensmedicalcenter.org/careers