Inpatient Professional Claims Coder
CHIM International Corporation
The On-Site Inpatient Professional Claims Coder will be working on location providing services to our Client as an employee of CHIM International Corporation. Some of the functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Review the medical record and all applicable documentation to determine the appropriate codes to assign for the services and diagnoses.
- Be knowledgeable of billing and coding requirements for governmental guidelines and private insurance payers.
- Abstract statistical data from the patient record and enter information following the facility guidelines.
- Utilize coding resources along with any other applicable reference material available to ensure accuracy in coding for all of the assigned services.
- If the diagnosis is unclear prepare and assign queries following the facility guidelines for the query process.
- Determine all appropriate diagnoses and assign the most specific ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS code.
- Translate diagnostic and procedural phrases from the medical record into numerical codes (CPT, HCPCS).
- Review provider credentials to ensure that services provided are within the scope of their practice.
- Data enter the service coded in AMHD’s Avatar (electronic medical record) system for billing to various insurance companies.
- Assist other departments in coding and reimbursement issues.
- Follow all HIPAA regulations and uphold a higher standard around privacy requirements.
- Develop trusted relationships with the client contacts and other team members around the globe.
- Adhere to all internal competencies, behaviors, policies and procedures to ensure efficient work processes.
- Completes all assigned work in a timely manner based on internal, client and/or payer standards.
- Maintain productivity standards, tracking and deadlines.
- Maintain and complete accurate productivity and tracking logs.
- Comply with established facility policies and procedures.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
All personnel are subject to the current state of Hawaii’s vaccination requirements for new hires and shall be fully vaccinated.
- Must be reliable, self-motivated, and have a working understanding of inpatient and outpatient medical coding.
- Must have a verifiable certification from AHIM or AAPC ie. CPC, CCS, CCS-P.
- Able to work Monday through Friday.
- Full-Time or Part-Time.
- Willing to work on-site.